jasondavis.com

This is where I deposit my thoughts and memories in writing. I'm just a simple man trying to enjoy life. I'm a happily married, dad of two, radio D.J., arcade enthusiast that enjoys goofing off. If you like me, please click the sponsors ads below.

Google
Click here to visit my MySpace page
ENJOY SOME MUSIC FROM THE BLACK CROWES:

Wednesday, June 14, 2006

Tuesday, March 14th:

Ok, one thing you start to do when you get old is reminisce about your youth. Well, I just remembered this thing existed and I found a photo of it online. I'm talking about a cartoon booth. We had one at the local Richway Dept. store. It's like a photo booth, but instead of having your picture taken you sat on the seat and watched a 5 minute cartoon rear-projected onto a screen.

I would watch cartoons like Woody Woodpecker, Heckle & Jeckle, Droopy, Deputy Dawg and others in a machine like this. Although the one I visited may not have been quite as fancy as the one shown in the photo - it was very similar. Mine had a half-curtain that you could pull closed and provide a little bit of darkness for the screen.

Good memories.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home